10 Best Low-Code Platforms To Use in 2023
Low-code platforms help businesses create software faster and more efficiently.
According to Gartner, by 2024, most application development projects will require low-code development.
While some may see low-code development as a challenge to traditional software development, many business users find it a valuable investment. Businesses desiring growth should explore various options to bolster productivity. A cutting-edge solution is investing in low-code platforms.
Keep reading about low-code development and how it can benefit your software projects!
What Is Low-Code Development?
Low-code development is a software approach that makes development easier by offering users drag-and-drop functionality through an easily navigable graphical user interface (GUI).
Though classic programming does not look like the green blobs seen in The Matrix, it is often complex.
A software project requires the application of at least one appropriate programming language and multiple software principles, like for-loops and object-oriented programming.
Frameworks, package repositories, and integrated development environments (IDEs) are often integral to a classic software project.
A low-code platform's GUI is typically component-based with predefined templates. Instead of wasting time trying to type in a set of strings, symbols, and words that may or may not work, you can easily plug in the modules that will best help you achieve your goal.
Although low-code development still requires some coding, it is minimal. This allows users on low-code platforms to customize their applications more than on a no-code platform, where no coding can occur.
Benefits of Low-Code Development
Most people want low-code and no-code development because it is easy to access. However, this access comes with several other benefits as well.
1. Increased Productivity
Low-code development can help teams work faster and be more productive. In fact, according to a Forrester report, using low-code tools can increase productivity by 10 times.
2. Improved Quality
Low-code development can also lead to improved software quality. The Forrester report found that using low-code tools can lead to a 75% reduction in defects.
3. Increased Efficiency
Low-code development can help businesses be more efficient in their software development process. In the Forrester report, it was found that companies using low-code tools saw a 70% decrease in the time it took to develop an application.
4. Lower Costs
Another benefit of low-code development is that it can help reduce costs. In the Forrester report, it was found that businesses using low-code tools saw a 60% reduction in the price of development.
5. Faster Time to Market
Low-code development can also help businesses get their products to market faster. The Forrester report showed that companies using low-code tools cut the time it took to develop and deploy an application in half.
6. Increased Customer Satisfaction
Low-code development can help businesses increase customer satisfaction. According to the Forrester report, companies that use low-code tools experience a 40% customer satisfaction rate.
7. Greater Agility
Low-code development can help businesses be more agile in their software development process. In the Forrester report, it was found that companies using low-code tools saw a 30% increase in agility.
10 Best Low-Code Platforms
After gathering a strong understanding of low-code development, you should invest in a low-code platform. The following venues have high ratings amongst various software development circles.
1. Appian - Appian is a low-code platform with tools for native deployment and integration with DevOps tools like Jenkins.
2. Mendix - With Mendix, you can test, build, and deploy applications quickly and easily through our low-code software platform.
3. OutSystems -OutSystems is a low-code platform that supports multiple channels, meaning enterprises can build applications for many different purposes.
4. Salesforce Lightning - The Lightning platform from Salesforce is a low-code development platform that includes tools for building, managing, and deploying applications.
5. Zoho Creator - Zoho Creator is a low-code application development platform that helps you build custom applications without code.
6. Quick Base - Quick Base is a low-code/no-code application development platform that enables you to build custom applications quickly.
7. Microsoft PowerApps - PowerApps is a low-code/no-code application development platform from Microsoft that enables you to build custom applications quickly.
8. FileMaker Pro - FileMaker Pro is a low-code application development platform that helps you quickly build custom applications without code.
9. Google App Maker - App Maker is a low-code application development platform from Google that helps you quickly build custom applications without code.
10. Zoho Creator - Zoho is a well-known Indian technology company in the business world, thanks to its customer relationship management (CRM) tool.
How To Use Low-Code Platforms for Your Business
Discovering a low-code development platform that fulfills your business requirements can take time and effort. Every enterprise has different features and functionality they prioritize, so not every software will have everything you're looking for.
Low-code development company like Synergist Technologies exist to help get your business where it needs to be by providing access to essential resources and professionals.